Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Aw Shucks, It's Happy Hour

When it comes to oysters and many other treasures of the sea, there are not many things I wouldn't do to get my claws on them. So when I was at the East Village Mermaid Inn with only about 20 minutes to go before its $1 Oyster Special ended I knew had to get serious. The bar was packed with patrons slurping with abandon and I had no seat. Could I stand there and balance a plate on one arm? Sure, I'm not proud. I put in an order. Praise be to Neptune, I got a seat and heartily enjoyed $6 worth of oysters and a cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Next time, I get there at opening time. (the doors that is)

Cost: $1 per yummy Blue Point Oyster Payoff: A pearl of an evening in a pearl of a place

Mermaid Inn: 96 Second Ave. Between 5th and 6th streets. Happy Hour is 5:30 to 7 Monday through Saturday and 5 to 7 on Sundays. More locations.

3 comments:

  1. $1 oysters are my favorite, I scour the city for deals like this one! Is every day? What time is happy hour until? Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks VWP, I'm updating the post now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would come in to the city JUST FOR THIS! Call me next time you are going!

    ReplyDelete